“Sport means health”
The Town and Commune Sport and Recreation centre in Dąbrowa Tarnowska is a local government institution established to run sport and recreational activity within the commune limits.
Basic tasks of the centre include:
- organisation of various sports competitions and events,
- cooperation with the Club Dąbrovia, sports organisations, schools and social organisations on the development and popularisation of various sport and recreation forms.
The 6-hectare Centre offers its:
- sports hall
- 4 x 100 running track
- football pitch
- fitness trail
- outdoor archery range
- beach and traditional volleyball pitches
- outdoor swimming pool of 50 x 20m– open in the summer season, 10.00-20.00
- paddling pool for children
- natural skating rink in the winter
- car park at the swimming pool and the stadium
The Centre is owned by the Commune – the Centre is a permanent manager of the property. The Centre is also financed by the Commune by subsidies and by its own incomes.
Facilities as the stadium and the hall are used free of charge by the Club Dąbrovia, school children and teenagers.
The Centre supervises: the calendar of matches of particular football sections, the archery section, the table tennis section, the calendar of contests of the Commune and County School Sport Association, Gimanzjada and Licealiada tournaments, events of the County LZS Association. Annual cyclic events held in the Centre:
- Polonia Folk Festivals – in cooperation with Dąbrowa Culture Centre,
- 1st Polish Archery Championships – outdoor range,
- Małopolska Archery Championships – indoor,
- Sporty Santa – a football tournament for children,
- Winter Holidays Sport-wise – for children and teenagers,
- Sport holidays – tournaments of amateur teams – football, volleyball, beach volleyball, – Sport Children’s Day,
- All-Polish Sport Tournament of Towns and Communes,
- Street runs – on occasion of the 3rd May and 11th November,
- Business Fairs of Powiśle Dąbrowskie communes – co-organiser
- International Football Tournaments for the Mayor’s Cup.
Town and Folk Sports Club “Dąbrovia” functioning in the centre associates 250 athletes in sections of football, table tennis and archery. Footballers of all age groups are among top teams in their categories. The archery section is recognised all around Poland, its members include the World Vice Champion in 2001, the European Vice Champion in 2000 and a member of the Polish national team to the Olympic Games in Sydney, Agata Bulwa. The Centre puts forwards its offer of spare time activities “Sport means health” to the population of the town and commune and to visitors to the region.